Monthly Archives: April 2016
Our lives run on electricity. Look around your home and see just how many things you have that run on electricity. See how many switches, outlets, lights, plugs and other fixtures you have all over your home. These enhance our lives, some are necessary, some are conveniences, but they all run on electricity.
Electricity comes into our homes through breaker boxes. These boxes measure and control the flow of electricity from the power company. These electrical panels allow you to keep your family and home safe by regulating the amount of power that goes through each circuit. If a circuit gets overloaded, the breaker switches off and the power goes out.
It’s easy enough to unplug a few items and reset the breaker, unless you live in a very old house, fuses are a thing of the past, but if you have to reset breakers on a regular basis, you may need to add additional circuits to handle the increased power load. If you are building an addition to your home, a new garage or want to add circuits for heavy-duty appliances like washer and dryers, you will want a certified electrician to make those improvements.
Although we are becoming a nation of do-it-yourselfer, many electrical projects should stay firmly in the hands of professionals. If you don’t do a perfect job laying laminate flooring, the only down side is that it doesn’t look as good as it should. A less than a perfect electrical wiring job can get someone hurt or cause a fire in the home.
Both the exterior and interior of your home can benefit from upgrading your electrical system. Adding exterior power outlets, security lights or lights to the walk or driveway will add value and convenience to your home. If you are putting in a pool or hot tub, additional wiring will be required to make it operate correctly. Pumps, lights and heating systems all run on electricity and should be installed by a professional.
In addition to additions to the home, interior projects like intercoms or home theater setups will require the services of an electrician. Of course, when constructing a new home, the electricians will be responsible for the installation and testing of the wiring of the entire home.
It is an intimidating task to choose your electrician. No matter what part of the country you are in, there are numerous electrical service companies. If you don’t have the benefit of prior knowledge, there are some basic tips to weed out inferior companies.
Contracting companies should provide fully qualified electrician for your job. Ask for proof of certification and insurance prior to them beginning their work. Get an estimate for the cost of the work before agreeing to use a company, most reputable companies will offer you a free estimate. Check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to see if there have been any complaints about the quality of their work.
One can’t imagine a life without electricity. Particularly, in 21st century it is impossible to live without it because we are habitual to many appliances that work with the flow of electricity. Sometimes we find little faults in our electrical appliances and start repairing it. However those people who don’t understand the complexity of domestic wiring systems, seek the help of services. We know that electricity is dangerous if you don’t know the working mechanism of electrical home appliances. So, it is better to take the help of available services, even if you know a little bit about electricity.
Electrical services provide a professional approach for the problem to fix it. Nevertheless, it is an intimidating task to choose the services from so many options, specially when you only have the option of yellow pages or search engines for finding out the service. To get the best service, you have to know some important factors that can ensure you to pick a good electrical service.
Trust only on those agencies that provide fully qualified personnel for the services. You can ask for a proof about being their qualified engineers or professionals for the work they are going to perform. Also check that you are taking the services of NICEIC approved company. NICEIC Group Ltd. is an independent organization that conducts the training and certification programs for the electric installation and safety measures. It ensures that you are going to take the services of safe contractors.
It is obviously understood that company charges should be in your budget, because then only you will be able to take the electrical services. However, take care that you are not compromising with the quality work. Make an agreement on the fixed price before commencing the work for your house. Also try to know the time period taken by the company for accomplishing the given work to make a guess that your services would be completed in your desired hours.
Some other things to consider while taking the services for electrical requirements are call out charges and VAT. Some companies hide the information regarding this matter. Don’t rely on them because their services may give you shock at the end of the job. Also find out the guarantee period given by the company for the electrical service you are hiring.
Above mentioned points are helpful for you and if you follow these tips, then you will surely get electrical services as per your desire.
The local electrician that you call to repair the fused light bulb in your attic will surely not be able to handle the electrical needs of your office. That is because the demands of commercial electrical services are very different from the home setup. You need to rely on a very well established firm who caters especially to commercial bodies so that you have complete peace of mind. However, many people do not understand the necessity of hiring experts to deal with commercial electrical set ups and often try to take the cheap way out by calling local electricians. Such a move can not only prove to be more cost exhaustive in the future but put you in various types of troubles as well. Here are some reasons why you should employ expert commercial electrical services.
- Uniformity – Our home often houses many electric lighting pieces collected over the years. They add a special individualistic touch to our home, making it more personal. However, when you are setting up a commercial space, uniformity is a key criterion. That means all the light fixtures should be same and all the lights must be of the same voltage. The uniformity in the commercial set up gives a more professional look.
Suppose if you find an area in your office that has a completely different lighting setup than the rest, wouldn’t you think that area has been patched up? In fact, you can use the different lighting systems to set up different moods in a commercial area. Have you noticed that that the reception area of a hotel has different lights, the lounge area has different lights while the passages that lead to the rooms have different lights.
- Licenses and Protocols – You may not be aware of this but those electricians who are licensed to carry out residential electrical service may not have the license for commercial electrical services. The regulations and protocols that need to be followed in case of a commercial unit are also different from the residential one. You need an electrician who is well versed with these so that they can create a full-proof system for your office. If there are any faults, or fires then you would be severely penalized if it is found that the right protocols were not taken while setting up the electrical system.
- Larger scales – You must have noticed that the lights in the office set up have are much brighter than the ones used at home. That is because they use much higher voltage. Moreover there are many other machines that may be operating in the office. At home, you will be using one computer, two at max, but in an office environment there are many workstations set up. Not to mention, printers, photocopy machines and the all important coffee machine. The commercial electrical demands are a lot more thus commercial electrical services need to make appropriate provisions for the same. While a fused light bulb in the forlorn attic could wait a few days, an annoying, flickering above a workstation needs to be changed as soon as possible.
Atlanta, Georgia is home to offices of more than 75% Fortune 1000 companies. So, it doesn’t come as a big surprise that there has been a huge inflow of migrants from different parts of the country as well as from around the globe to this amazing city.
With a population of around 5.4 million people, Atlanta is seeing an explosive growth. Despite the current downward trend in the real estate market across the globe, there has been an increasing demand for both purchase and renting of homes in this city.
If you are planning to purchase or rent a house in Atlanta, it will be good to check if there is a need to upgrade the main electrical service. This is important because not only old electrical appliances consume more electricity, they may become unsafe over time. Moreover, our modern lifestyle makes use of various technologically advanced equipments that are quite challenging for the ancient electrical systems.
You may need to upgrade or change the main electrical services of a house, if:
- You are adding more space or going to do some major renovations
- You have antiquated breaker switches and fuses that are over 20 years old
- Your service conductors are cracked, brittle and peeling
- You have noises emanating from your panel or meter
- Fuse blows whenever you switch on your microwave
- Your lights are flickering on a continuously basis
If any of these conditions are true for you, you need to hire an Atlanta electrical contractor to help you with the upgrades and the changes. When looking for an electrician, check the reputation of the electrical company you opt for. Check the years of experience they have. Also, make sure that they are insured against all kinds of injuries and damages. They should also be a member of a professional guild or electricians union.
You should also ask some standard questions before award the electrical contractor with the job of upgrading your main electrical service of your home. Ask them –
- Are you state licensed and insured?
- Have you ever performed this type of project and do you have any references?
- Do you offer a warrant?
- How much time will you take to complete the task?
Some of you may get a small heart attack listening to the amount of money it will take to upgrade your main electrical service. However, you cannot to do this upgrade yourself as it can prove to be risky and you may end up spending a lot more. So, hire the services of an experienced Atlanta electrician who can perform your main electrical service upgrade successfully without putting you, your family and of course your home in any danger.